Sunday, July 19, 2009

On the march!

After much work and preparation on our part (and the part of the artists themselves) Stitch Wars is finally up, on display and ready for your enjoyment! :-) I have to say that I myself am EXHAUSTED and a little worried that Comicon is next week too!

My head is spinning, these past few weeks have just been a blur. Time to take a deep breath and get ready for some more exhausting fun in San Diego! Tate and I will be attending the con for business and fun times. Bringing 5K Stitch Wars flyers to put out in the flyer room at Comicon, so if you're there grab one as a souvenir! :-)

Thank you to you all for your support and well wishes, it really means a lot to hear positive things about something you've work so hard to put together. It is appreciated.

The opening last night was a fantastic success, despite a really bad thunderstorm right at 7pm (not unusual in South Florida) we had a great turnout that was steady all night. We had a ton of Stormtroopers, a Tusken Raider, Boba and Jango Fett, plus more! Honestly, I was so busy I barely saw the 501st and didn't get a single picture with them - but I have heard that all the kids LOVED it and I'm sure I'll see bunches of pictures once I start going through the opening night photos (tomorrow I'll work on that). My husband Tate dressed up as Han Solo, which I think he's been looking for an excuse to do for a while. :-) Overall it was a fun, fun time with lots of smiling people and enjoyment.

If you're going to be in the South Florida area, be sure to stop by and see it in person... otherwise I hope my photos in the Flickr set are sufficient in letting you live vicariously! :-)

May the force be with you.

xoxo, Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment